I can't believe we are almost half way thru the month of June!!! Where is the year going??? It will be Christmas before we know it!!! YIKES!!! :-)
The sun hasn't been cooperating here very much, so I haven't been outside much. It did pop out today for a little while so I got out and enjoyed it. Got a little bit of work done in the yard, watered the Plumerias and checked on everything.....I can't wait until I can share some Plumeria's with you. I should have lots of flowers this year. Here is a picture of the Pineapple Lily, it will have 3 bloom stalks this year, wish they would all bloom at the same time....
And speaking of Pineapples, here is the latest picture of my "baby"....
And speaking of babies.....the baby doves left about a week ago and now there is a new mommy with eggs. They just love this staghorn.....it must be a "safe haven" for them.
At work last week I was walking out to my car and this baby bird was wedged almost under the tire of one of the cars. This was in the middle of the parking lot, no trees or nests anywhere near. I didn't know what to do, so it came home with me. Well, I think I made a big mistake by removing it. I don't think it was old enough to be without mom. It was chirping and chirping, I tried to feed it, but no luck. Then I thought maybe the newer mom birds outside might adopt this little one. I got online and got some information and decided to put him outside and hope for the best. He got up the bank and in the top of one of the bushes. I put a pile of grains and bird seed out for him. The next morning I couldn't find the little guy anywhere, so I am telling myself he flew away....... I won't ever take a baby home again, mom was probably somewhere near watching. I feel sooooooo bad!!!!! :-(
One night last week I went surfing and while out in the water several pods of dolphin swam in among all of us. There were about 15 of us scattered in the water and at least 20-25 dolphin. It was soo much fun to watch them. They were surfing in the waves, jumping, rolling and having soo much fun. There were babies that made the little squeek noise....... It seemed they were visiting all of us, they would come within 5-10 feet of each of us as they swam along. I think we all just kinda froze, it was such an awesome feeling.......There have been alot of dolphin this year, hope that is a good sign. :-) Going out again tomorrow night, hope to see more........
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment