Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Baby is all grown up....

As I was puttering in the yard I noticed my baby pineapple changing color.....I wondered when would be the right time to harvest it.   I didn't know if it would change color on the plant.   Here it is, almost 7 months after my March 1st post of showing it off as just a little tike...hee hee  It is not quite ready to cut into, but I will be sure to share that also....
 This is next to a regular store bought pineapple.  Not near as big, but I grew it myself!!!!    I wonder if the top of this little one will grow????  Hmmmm......would that be 3rd generation????

I have been looking and looking and looking for a place to move and finally found something that I really hope I will be able to get.  It is an older home in the hills, very private, quiet and peaceful.  Fully landscaped and it comes with a gardner!!!........It's not mine yet, still have some things to finalize before I can jump in.  So far the owners are willing to wait, but I don't know for how long...... keep your fingers crossed for me......
This is the front yard from the street....
 
 Back yard patio area.......

Things are moving forward....it seems at a snails pace......

Enjoy the rest of your week!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the little Piney! Hope it tastes as good as it loooks.

    Hoping things go well with the house...keeping fingers crossed and good thoughts winging their way to you!

    ReplyDelete