Sunday, July 24, 2011

Ahhh...the wonder of summer

It's been a great summer so far, how about for you??  I hope the sun has been shining and brightening your every day!!

We've been going surfing at least once a week, and mostly to San "O". (as the regulars call it).  I'm getting rather spoiled......we went to one of the local beaches yesterday and I just kept wishing we were at San "O", kept comparing every wave........the 40 minute drive just doesn't seem like that big a deal when the waves are SOOOO much better!!!!  This is my 6 day work week, so no chance of getting back up there until next week....bummer!!!!!   I finally remembered to take my camera and this day the waves were pretty small.  The kids were having a blast.  Heck, I was having a blast also!!!!   :-)

One of my customers at work gave me a huge bag of oranges from his grove, he has about 60 trees that he doesn't do anything with.   Well,  it has been years since I had FRESH squeezed orange juice!!!!   It is HEAVEN pure and simple!!!!
I also had mentioned that I make a killer Lemon Bar, so the next day there was a bag of lemons.....
Hint, Hint, Hint!!!!
I decided to squeeze the lemons and put them in an ice tray so I could just thaw out what  I needed for a recipe.....
The only problem is the lemon juice didn't freeze quite solid.  They are a bit sticky still.  I went ahead and put the cubes in a ziplock bag and we'll see what they are like next time I need them.   Oh, I made Lemon Bars tonight for him........I might need more oranges SOON!!!!!  hee hee hee hee

   Well, I have a gorgeous bloom to share with you:   
 JEAN MORAGNE!!!
This bloom has 6 petals!!!!  I wonder if that is Good Luck?!!!!  She is beautiful!!! 
The picture doesn't do her justice!!!!!
The fragrance is absolute HEAVEN!!!!
Rainbow Cup is just as pretty and the frangrance is even stronger!!!!
AHHHHHHH!!!!!

Ran and got my camera when I saw this butterfly feeding from one flower after another.   She flew away as soon as I took this picture.

Still keeping busy with work, e-Bay has slowed down a bit.   I've heard that it always does in the summer time, but it should pick back up in September.......

I hope you are enjoying your summertime!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, fresh squeezed oj-can't remember when I last had that! Love all your flowers. We are having "the summer that wasn't". More gloom & doom than sun. Altho, I will say, we did have a beautiful weekend but now we are back to showers and overcast and even some rumbles of thunder which has a certain spotted one freaked out.....

    ReplyDelete