Friday, December 7, 2012

A little bit of everything.......

We are truly spoiled living in So. Cal.   It is December and the daily high temp. has been between 75º - 80º.   Yes, I guess I could be accused of bragging!!!  hee hee  
I am soo enjoying this cooler weather, it just makes life easier.  It is about 50º in the mornings, chilly for us, but the days are beautiful.

Busy Holiday Season.....

I've been keeping very busy this past week or so.   Aside from the crazy, busyness of working for the Post Office in December, a couple of girlfriends and I Went to a Christmas party that a co-worker puts on every year.  The next day we went to Riverside and did a walking tour of the Mission Inn.  The lights were gorgeous, it was soo much fun to just get away with "the girls"
Wednesday night a group of us went to a concert at the Arts Center.  We got to see Highland Way, a Scottish celtic group.  They were SOO much fun!!!   I could barely understand the main guy when he was talking, but it was just fun to listen to the accent and enjoy the upbeat music.

Around the yard....
Thought I would share some of what is blooming in the yard.
Christmas Cactus...

The Pointsettia Tree
This was in bloom in Feb. this past year, so guess it has a long bloom time.
A close up of one of the blooms.
Sprinkled with mornig dew......

The Lemon Tree........I need to go pick lemons!!!!


I never knew how much I liked the fall season.   I found and fell in love with Fuyu Persimmons last year and I am soo thankful when Gary brings me some from his tree.  I really want to plant one of these tress next year!!!!   
And they look gorgeous in a bowl.......

I'm still enjoying Pomegranates, but we are pretty much getting to the end of their season.    Another one of my favorites is pumpkin.... I am pretty much addicted to anything pumpkin right now.  Just can't get enough......


Update on my Schlerotherapy...

I had my latest injection on Friday evening.  This one didn't hurt at all during the injections, but the Dr. did say I would be pretty sore afterwards.  Here is the before and after of the back of my right leg....
Before....

After...
I couldn't believe it when I took the ace bandages off on Saturday night.   All the bumps and bulging veins are GONE!!!!
Now it is just a amatter of the whole healing process.   Now, a couple days later there is some bruising color showing up, but that is normal and part of the healing process.  It will disappear in a couple months as the veins break down and become absorbed.....   There is just 1 little bump here and 1 little bump on the front of my left leg.    I am soo happy I decided to go ahead with this procedure.......

Update on e-Bay

This whole e-Bay process can be very trying.    I spent the last week or so getting things ready, getting pictures taken, researching prices and getting items listed.   I have sold 7 things soo far.   It is a slow start, but it is a start!!!!...... we have A LONG way to go........  Keep your fingers crossed!!!!

I have the next 3 days off and plans for every one.....YIKES!!!!   Maybe I'll be able to rest after the new year???!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Pointsettia tree -- how cool is that?! Your Christmas cactus sure puts mine to shame.....I don't think I've ever had a persimmon--guess ill have to try one. We are finally moved into a short term rental--Steve just has to finish getting the last of the stuff out of the garage. The new house in Wenatchee is chugging along. I'm finally beginning to look forward to the new house, especially my sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha Liz, this Christmas cactus actually doesn't even look that good compared to some I have seen. :-) These persimmons are soo yummy, you eat them when they are still firm, like an apple, the more they soften the sweeter and juicier they become, but I prefer them a little more crunchy - you gotta try one if you can find one. Can't wait to see pics of the new house!!!!

    ReplyDelete