Monday, June 3, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend Get-away and more......

We had a great mini vacation over Memorial Day Holiday.  It was my 3 day weekend right before the Monday holiday so I ended up with 4 days off!!!  YEA!!!  That doesn't happen very often!!!

We decided to head up to Clearlake to visit my Aunt and Uncle.  My brother decided to drive down as well so we had a bit of a family reunion.  Just wish my sister and her family could have been there......maybe next time??  I'm still waiting on pics from everyone's camera so when I get some, I'll add them in. 
My aunt had this old picture of my mom that I thought was soo good.
 
Uncle Dean and Mel discussing something important.....maybe surfing???!!!
It was a great time just hanging out and visiting.....and EATING!!!!  OMG!!!  I don't think I have eaten that much in 3 days EVER!!!!  We had soo much fun though.   Have you ever seen the Ginormous chocolate cake at Costco???
It weighs 7 lbs!!!!
   The 5 of us ate it ALL in 3 days!!!!  YIKES!!!!  Yes, plus ice cream......
1/2 the fat ice cream of course..... hee hee

The only exercise we got was a walk around the neighborhood and 1 kayak trip around the keys.  The wind pretty much took us out and around, we just had to paddle back!!!!
Love the Swallow condo's under the bridge.  They were darting in and out, all around us.   Soo cute!!!

And momma with her babies!!!!
Babies are getting big.....

The weekend was over before we knew it, so had to head home.  Boo hoo!!!

The garden has been doing well.  I planted some asparagus.
I know it takes a few years before it really gets going, but then it is supposed to last for 15-20 years!!!   I thought I better get it started.   So far it is doing well and growing at least.

We have gotten lots of peas and beans and the cucumbers are just starting to ripen.
The tomatoes are a little slow coming and the squash is not doing that well, but we are just now getting into summer, so plenty of time still.


I've been having trouble with my knees at work....all the in-and-out of the vehicle and the stairs......I went to see a specialist and he basically told me to get another job!!!!    I'm watching and waiting for a different route to open up and in the mean time I am trying to take the elevator when I can and not "hop" out of my truck at every stop.   There is rumor that a nice mounted (sit on your butt) route will be coming available, so we'll have to wait and see.   Might be a good change????

We are keeping busy around the house and getting out to surf at least on Sunday mornings.  We went out yesterday morning and it was a really fun time.  The water is warming up.......so the stingrays are showing up.   Scott got hit by one on the top of his foot!!!  OUCH!!!!  I've been there so I know how much it hurts!!!!   The venom they inject is a protein and heat breaks it down.  We always have warm water with us for rinsing off, so we started with that, but it is not hot enough.  A few months ago a really nice lady that lives across the street from where we surf told us that if we ever needed help with anything to come over.  Luckily they were home so they got Scott all set up on the patio with a bucket and some hot water.  It can take anywhere from 45 min to a couple hours for the sting to feel better.  I think we were there for a little over an hour.   Such great people!!!!    Scott, I hope you are feeling better!!!!

Gotta go for now, but hope to post again soon.
Have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment