I can't believe I have been here for 2 weeks!!!! Progress on the house and yard seem slow to me, but guess I am getting as much done as I can in the time I have.......
Once again filled all 11 Green Waste Cans, and the recycle bin is FULL of cut up boxes.
I still have at least 11 more cans of leaves, but I am slowly getting it all cleaned up!!!!
Remember all the leaves that were on top of the shed and all over the ground?
GONE!!!!
I got to use my handy dandy new electric hedge trimmer this past week. YEE HAW!!!!! Now I know why guys love POWER TOOLS!!!!!! MORE POWER!!!!! I went a little nuts trimming and shaping the hedges.........and then I hit the power cord with the cutter!!!! DUH!!!!! Luckily I didn't cut clear thru it, just grazed it, but my brand new power cord now has a black electrical tape band-aid!!!! I'll be more careful next time...... hee hee
Here are my trimmed hedges!!!! And the lawn that had to be mowed AGAIN!!!
Oooops, looks like I had a holiday on one of those bushes!!!!
I decided to go ahead and get the patio furniture out so I could take a rest and enjoy the sounds of the birds!!! There are birds everywhere, it sounds wonderful!!!!
I would like to cover this patio area, so the furniture doesn't sit in the sunshine all day.... We thought about putting a Palapa up, but not sure which way we will go. There is plenty of room for a BBQ too!!! :-)
I took this pic while sitting down at the patio and I am not liking this hedge.....
The lawn is just on the other side and this hedge cuts off the view of the yard.
I think we will remove this hedge and have the lawn come to the edge of the walkway. That will open up the yard alot more. What do you think???
Check out this gorgeous Pointsettia. The Tree/Bush is huge and covered with blooms like this.
The branches were growing into the fig tree, so I had to get them thinned out. The fig tree is huge!!
Finally got the shed cleaned out......Now I can find everything!!!
I've never seen SOO many spiders!!!! Ewwww!!!
Got the weeds pulled in and around the trees, this will make it easier to mow.......
Mowing will start again this week.....
Ran out of room in the green waste cans, so had to make a pile until after tomorrow......
I got my Johnny Jump-Ups planted ~ they are soo sweet!!!!
This is right off the edge of the casita patio.
Notice all the weeds around the patio???? Little by little......
Here is a tree that has gorgeous blooms, I am thinking it is a Peach or a Nectarine.
Wouldn't that be yummy!!!!
I'm not getting much accomplished inside, seems most of my evening after work are outside and then when it gets dark it is time for dinner, shower, Skype and then bed........
I did find a little time to start digging into my fabric boxes. Here is part of my stash.....
Batiks on the left, cottons on the right, sorted by color......Anal, I know!!!!!
I used to have 2 of these bookcases, but I am having to downsize, so I will have to fit what I am going to keep in 1 bookcase now.......these are my favorites!!!!! The rest will go in a garage/craft sale......
BTW, I am keeping my batiks, so you can stop making out your requests..... hee hee
OK, that is it for now. Hope you have a great week!!!!
I think you just need to start making quilts with all the fabric that doesn't fit.
ReplyDeleteShell, that yard is really coming along...makes me miss SoCal so much more now that I'm seeing the sunshine and green grass.....sigh! Thanks for sharing...its gorgeous and you obviously are happy there.
ReplyDeleteHa Ha Liz, aren't you the funny one!!!! hee hee :-)
ReplyDeleteIsn't that what we are supposed to do with ALL of our fabric???