Monday, March 12, 2012

Home Sweet Home - Week #3

Week # 3 and things are still plugging along.....
I think this picture is getting a little too familiar.......Even though they look the same, they are very different....... in this picture there are only 10 cans!!!!  hee hee

My friend Natalie came over to give me a hand in the yard.....she also thinks it is therapy!!!   It was fun to have someone to gab with while pulling weeds........we don't get much time to talk at work, so it was great to catch up on all the gossip and new news in each of our lives.
Here is Natalie,
This whole side of the yard is done......even got mulch under the Fig tree.....and a couple other trees.
There is a dead tree to the left that I will remove and another one trying to come back.   I would like to plant a Satsuma tangering tree here.
I can't believe how much we got done...... after finishing the raking, she cleaned up all the tomato plants.  They look soo much happier and healthier...... I dug burms around them so now they should get enough water.    In the center is a Yellow Pear Tomato waiting to be planted. 
These are last years plants that held their own all winter..... There are lots of flowers so hopefully we will get lots of tomatoes........Natalie made me promise to share with her..... YOU BET!!!!!
Here are the next plants to be planted...... spinach and lettuces
I think they will also go in the Tomato garden.......otherwise the rabbits will get them.

I was filling up the watering can when I saw this "blister" in the stucco.   There is a bit of stucco work that needs to be done around the bottom part of the house.   I didn't think too much of it, but then wondered how big the bubble was.  I started to pull away the loose stucco and this was underneath.......It scared the crap out of me at first..... I wasn't expecting anything to be in there.......
So, I ruined this lizards home........he stayed in there for quite awhile, but was gone the next day when I checked.......

Have been doing a bit more unpacking of boxes, figuring out what I am going to keep and making piles of stuff that will go in the garage sale.  Also trying to re-arrange the boxes in the garage.    Did I mention that I finally found my juicer???!!!!  It was buried!!!!    Made some fresh lemonade......YUM!!!!!   I gave away all  the lemons I picked, so now I have to wait for more to ripen so I can make some Lemon Bars!!!!!

I am soo glad for Daylight Savings Time.   Now I have another hour after work to get things done.......YEA!!!!    Part of me thinks it will NEVER be done though.  :-)

Back to work tomorrow, and waiting for another day off.

Hope you are enjoying Spring!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment