Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Saying GoodBye to an Old Friend



I had to make that tough, tough decision today to put my Kali to sleep.   With all that we have done the past few months to get her blood pressure down and her Thyroid leveled out, the medications had an adverse effect on her liver. 
She had eaten only a tiny bit since Thursday and her urine was bright yellow.  From what I found out online Jondice was setting in and she was experiencing liver failure.   Her eyes were more yellow and once we were at the vet's ofice I saw that her skin was also starting to yellow.  Maybe she would've lived another week, but I know she was not feeling well and I didn't want her to suffer any more.  I brought her home and buried her in the back yard next to her sister Gracie who we lost last year.  Kali was 22 1/2 yrs old so she had a great, long life.   Not sure how long that is in human years, but I sure hope I can be as healthy for as many years.


3 comments:

  1. Shelly----I'm so sorry. She was so special to you and such a part of your life. Just know that she's playing with Gracie and making new friends in another world full of so-special kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear the news. It is such a hard decision to make but you don't want them to suffer any more.She will now be at peace,bless her. 22 and a half years is an amazing life.
    Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs....I know how difficult a decision that must have been but it truly is the kindest thing we can do for our pets. She lived a very long and happy life and it's obvious that she was much loved.

    ReplyDelete