Sunday, January 17, 2010

Road to CA Quilt Show

Today I drove up to Ontario to go to the quilt show.  Had a great time, saw lots of incredible talent, bought a couple new patterns, some thread and of course a few pieces of fabric.  This year alot of the vendors had special sales for Sunday guests.  Yipee!!!   
One of my favorite vendors is http://www.beyondthereefpatterns.com/quiltshop.html  I love their tropical fabrics. 


This quilt was incredible.....



   Checkout the quilting on the back, awesome work!!!!



A close up of the quilting!!!!!


Another incredible work of art!!






My love of bright colors made this a favorite also.....


After taking pictures of the quilts we wandered thru more vendors and then to another hall with more quilts.  I went to take more pics and realized I didn't have my camera.  OH NO!!!!!    I freaked...... I figure I set it down to make a purchase and then left without it.  I immediately started back tracking up and down the aisles trying to find the booths I had bought something from.  One of the vendors told me to try Lost and Found.....I never thought of that, but I guess I kinda figured it wouldn't be turned it, someone would just keep it.   Well, low and behold it had been turned it!!!  YIPEE!!!!   I would be lost without my camera!!!  OK, my faith in honest people has been re-confirmed...but then again we are dealing with quilters so......

As I headed home it started raining hard.  We are supposed to get as much rain this next week as we usually get all year!!!  I know we need it badly, but I hope the weather guy is at least a little bit wrong...
Have a wonderful week!!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad for honest people Shelly!!! These quilts are so beautiful - such vibrant colors - thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete